Friday, December 18, 2009

epilogue

There was no "done" in architecture, and this review again was a reminder that things never get completed. The recent couple of weeks were not a finishing process but stopping at what we have now.

Due a lot to lack of sleep I wasn't able to remember/summarize thoughts we have had for the semester. Yet through presenting at least what we want to say about our project, I think we had good conversations about what we should do next.

Overall the review (both morning/afternoon) asked some questions in common.

: what is the rule that enables the field condition happen in our building? now the school look like maze (which has lots of walls in it). Isn't the space has to be almost without walls?

: plan and form of the building which doesn't clearly conveys constantly moving field condition

The focal point we had in our plan was mainly about making classrooms arranged in order to have hangout space in between. Yet I agreed that the overall arrangement should have been coordinated with other elements of building as well. I regret the thinking process didn't continue up until yesterday as we had to produce things for reviews.

To me it has always been such a big burden and effort to "create" something, however at the same time it is a true gesture in which I can express myself in different ways: and it seems as I repeat the process the outcome gets better.

Life with architecture will go on :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment